Sunday, November 15, 2009

Jose Mourinho ready to return to the Premier League


Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has alerted his potential suitors in England by admitting he would welcome a return to the Premier League with a club where he can found a lasting legacy.

Jose Mourinho

GettyImages

Jose Mourinho was dubbed 'The Special One' upon arriving at Chelsea

Mourinho, currently managing Italian club Inter Milan, has been sorely missed in England since he departed Stamford Bridge in September 2007 having won back-to-back Premier League titles as well as the FA Cup and two Carling Cups.

His charisma and wit won him many admirers during his three-and-a-half years in the country and in Italy he has only built on his reputation by winning Serie A at the first attempt last season.

Reports continue to link Mourinho with a possible role at Manchester United when Sir Alex Ferguson finally retires and the Portuguese has made it very clear that he feels England is the best environment for him to try and emulate the Scot by achieving sustained excellence over an extended period at one club.

"Clearly it is unrealistic to expect to stay at a club as long as Sir Alex, but I am ready for the next phase of my career," Mourinho told the Times. "I want to work with a different perspective.

"At Porto, my objective was to win to earn the right to go abroad. At Chelsea, my ambition was to create a bit of history. But I always knew Chelsea lacked the normal English culture of stability.

"I was never under any illusions. I understood the personality of Roman and the culture of the people around him and knew it was not a job for ten years. My role was to give this man what he wanted - victory - knowing that, sooner or later, my time would finish, because there were too many things going on around me.

"In Italy, I was coming to the motherland of tactics, the country of catenaccio and defensive football. The objective was to win not only in a third different league but a place where they say foreign coaches have had little success. But the time will come for stability.

"I love Inter and would love to build for the future here. In fact, I am doing it now, because I am not a selfish coach and I'm thinking about the future in terms of youth development and the age structure of my first team - but Italy is not the country for this. England is the country. And my football is English football."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have ur say